Tuesday 29 July 2014

Topbox Review July 2014

My July Topbox arrived while we were in Winnipeg, but I've been putting off doing my review. I'm not going to lie, I was quite disappointed with it this month.

Each month, Topbox releases a number of different themes you can choose, most of which are offered at no added charge. You are not guaranteed to receive any of the boxes you place on your wishlist. For the July box, the wishlist had to be set while I was in New Brunswick, so I missed the email reminder. If you don't set anything, you will be sent the regular Topbox, which is what I received for July.

Cost: $12/month +tax (includes shipping)

Topbox always ships in a purple envelope, with a white cardboard tube inside.


Everything is always so nicely wrapped up in tissue paper, very rarely am I able to fit the things back into the tube...

Sorry for the terrible picture of the product information card...


The four products included this month. And yes, there are TWO nail polishes. Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I love nail polish and have a ridiculous collection of them, but I expect more from Topbox, especially since I received a nail polish in my June box as well. What happened to the fantastic variety I used to get each month? Hopefully they step it up next month..

CND Vinylux Weekly Polish in Pink Bikini - Full Size (15mL)
Value: $11.90
This is actually a hot pink colour, I'm not sure what was up with my terrible quality pictures for this box... It's a nice colour, but it's similar to many other ones I have (which I guess is to be expected when you own as many nail polishes as I do...)

CND Vinylux Weekly Top Coat - Full Size (15mL)
Value: $11.90
According to the website, when you pair the nail polish and top coat together, your manicure will last for 7 days without chipping. If this is true, I'm going to love this brand! But, that would mean I actually need to use the top coat (which I'm typically terrible about doing...)

Value: $4
The box says that this is a fast acting anti-imperfection targeted care which minimizes marks. I'll give it a try at some point and see if I actually notice any difference...

TheBalm Cosmetics Instain Long-Wearing Powder Staining Blush in Swiss Dot - 0.5g
Value: $1.80
This is a tiny sample...but I have to say the packaging is adorable! 

The colour of this is nice, but it's a little too peachy for me. I'm a pretty big fan of my Mac blush, so this will end up in my gift pile.

The overall value of this box was $29.60, which is mainly because of the two nail polishes. The value is well over double the cost, which is always great, but it's just not close to last month's $40 box. I guess the positive is that both CND products were full-size...

I filled out my Wish List for the August box and chose a Benefit one. Here's hoping that's the one I end up with!

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment