Sunday 6 July 2014

Tea Sparrow - June 2014 Review

June was my first month of my Tea Sparrow subscription. I've never liked coffee, and I've only started drinking tea within the past few years. I still don't care for strong black teas, and I rarely ever drink it hot, but I figured this subscription would offer some teas perfect over ice during the summer months - and I was right! 
The paper inserts with a little bit of information

Tea Sparrow sends you four packages of tea from around the world each month, which is supposed to give you an average of 35 cups of tea in total. 

My first look once I opened the tissue paper

Flap Jack Oolong - the ingredients on this one include walnut pieces and maple syrup, so sounds like a Canadian's dream tea. 

Thai Chai Rooibos - L turned his nose up at this one, he says he hates Chai. I've never had it, but I typically love rooibos teas so I do look forward to trying this one!

Buddah Bamboo - As soon as I read the package on this one, I knew I would be a fan. It's described as being currant-strawberry-vanilla, and I love my fruity teas! As soon as I finished opening this box, we tried this one out in our David's Tea Pitcher. We used the entire bag at once, and drank the entire pitcher in a day and a half. L and I both really enjoyed this one, especially with a little bit of the raspberry agave I bought at David's Tea.

Mandarin Rose Tea - This is the only black tea in the box this month, which makes me happy. I've yet to try a black tea I like, I find them too strong (and they taste like tea, which I haven't grown to love yet...I know, weird.) That being said, I will absolutely still try this one out. 

This is yet another subscription box that arrived while I was away, so I can't comment on how long it took to ship. 

Cost: $20/month with an option to pause your subscription for months at a time (which I will probably do during the winter). I had found a code online before I ordered though, and only paid $8 for my first month (the box I just reviewed)

If you're interested in signing up or learning more, check out their website at www.teasparrow.com

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment