Friday 4 July 2014

Meowbox - June 2014 Review

My first month of my Meowbox subscription arrived while L and I were on vacation in the Maritimes, so I can't say exactly how long it took to show up from the time it shipped. My mom was looking after all of the fur babies, so she set all of the mail in a pile on the coffee table. Every day when she would come to check on everyone, the Meowbox would be in a new location. The cats knew there was stuff in there for them, and it drove them crazy. 

 

My mom sent me this picture one day, it looks like they were trying to figure out how to use scissors...

The box was pretty beat up by the time we got home....

It actually took me a few days to get around to opening up all of my own mail, but I had to open this one up as soon as I got home. Both cats were so excited when they saw me pick up the box...
Pita wouldn't even let me get a picture of my first look. As soon as I opened the box she was standing inside it...

Both cats were so intrigued, I knew there had to be catnip in there somewhere...

I love that they personalize each box with the cat's names :)

Pita was losing her mind, tearing apart the tissue paper...

Crazy cat...

She did a bit of damage to the box getting the toy out...

She was one happy kitty with her new catnip toy. She got pretty upset with me when I took it from her to cut the tag off... This is clearly top notch catnip. 
Doggie Styles and Kitty Too Catnip Toy 
Cost: $4.67

The product card with some information about each product

Primal Formula Freeze-dried food (turkey)...we haven't given either one of these to the cats yet, so hard to say if they will like it or not. 
I haven't checked out local pet stores to see if they carry this, and what it would cost, but you can buy a 14oz bag (which the internet has told me contains ~50nuggets) for almost $50 on amazon.ca. Going off that price, this sample is worth ~$2.
Edit: We finally gave one of these nuggets to the cats, and they loved it! We mashed it up with a tiny amount of water, and it didn't take them long to lick the plate clean.

LeKiwis Feline Fashion Collar - I love that this is a break-away collar with a bell, but it turned into a fight when I tried putting it on Pita. 
Cost: $6.83/each

Benny Bully's Liver Chops - Pita sniffs these and walks away, she is not a fan. Hero will eat them, but only if there are no other options around. I like the idea of feeding the cats treats with no added chemicals, but we won't be buying these based on Hero and Pita's reaction to them.
Cost: $3.99

The human gift for this month was a cute little postcard from catversushuman. L put it on the fridge, but I plan on sending it to my grandmother who loves cats.
Cost: ~$2.50

Coddies Cat Treats by Tumbleweed and Eddie's - Again, I love the idea of feeding the cats all natural treats, but the ones we gave Hero and Pita just sat on the floor for two days until I finally picked them up and threw them out. These will end up being donated to a local shelter.
Cost: $4.99

Hero finally got a chance to play with the new catnip toy, he also enjoyed it. I didn't actually get a picture of the toy, but it's shaped like a cow, and the white is now stained green from the cats licking it so much. It's still a big hit, 5 days after opening the Meowbox though, so that's a win!

Cost: $29.95/month, $74.85/quarter or $119.70/half year (All subscriptions include the cost of shipping)                                          

This box ended up being worth a little under $25, which isn't bad considering I'm on a 6 month subscription and I had a code when I signed up to bring the overall cost of each month down to $17.67. I look forward to the next 5 months of this one, hopefully the cats will start liking organic treats...

If you're interested in signing up for your own Meowbox, check them out here: meowbox.com

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment