Monday 21 July 2014

Luxe Box Summer 2014 Review

I received my first ever LuxeBox last month, and I was so excited since I had been on the waitlist for awhile now! They ship boxes out quarterly, and contain 7-8 trial-sized products. The cost is $26/quarter, $50 semi-annually or $96 annually. I signed up for the quarterly one, but if I like the fall box I might switch over to an annual plan to save a bit. It's not a crazy good deal, but the $8 in savings pays for 8 days worth of Hickory Sticks out of the vending machine for breakfast (don't judge me...).
 
Anyways, here it is!

The box it ships in
 

I was so impressed with the quality of the box! It's really cute, and I'll be re-using it for sure! It'll be great to send care packages in the mail to my family and friends!
 
First look inside. I hadn't looked at any spoilers, so I had no idea what to expect...

Meh, foil samples are just ok with me. But, this does include a coupon for $1 off, and I love coupons! Plus, it did come with three of these, and they will all be used.

Everything else was packed inside this adorable little silky cloth bag. I love it, I've already used it as a shoe bag on my last vacation. These brown ankle boots fit inside it perfectly :)
 
Luxe Box does not include a product card, you need to log in to your account online to view your products.
 

Nexus Colour-Assure Shampoo (5mL), Conditioner (5mL) and Pre-Wash Primer (9mL)
Value: $2
These samples are in the cutest little bottles! I'm not overly thrilled with how tiny they are, but they will get used. I'm curious about this pre-wash primer, but I'm not sure if this sample is big enough to truly get a feel for the product.


Eslor Introductory Collection - 4 samples, 5mL each
Value: $15
Samples Include:
Soothing Refiner and Cleanser
Replenishing Scrub
Comforting Mask
Soothing Cream
 

Again, more foil packages, but these do have a fairly high retail value (the full size cream goes for $70!). These will be used at some point, I just have a lot of other face creams/cleansers on the go right now...

Nicole by OPI - Something About Spring (3.75mL)
Value: $3.99
This bottle is so cute and tiny! I've never managed to use up an entire bottle of nail polish before, but this one is so small I actually might be able to. Also, this picture makes my floor look disgusting, I guess it's more worn out than I thought it was...
 

Barefoot Venus Coconut Kiss Macadamia Oil Hand Cream (60mL)
Value: $6
I had never heard tell of this brand before, but I ended up receiving one of their lip balms in my June TopBox. I put that into my gift pile since I own way too many lip glosses, but I might keep this hand cream because it smells pretty amazing!
 

Be A Bombshell - The One Stick in Southern Belle
Value: $16 FULL SIZE
I really like this. The colour is a pretty coral, and you can use it on your lips, cheeks, eyelids, etc. It's a similar shade to the Mac blush I currently use, so this is something I will definitely be keeping! Plus, yay for a full size product!

Such a pretty colour! And it goes on so smooth!
 
Loose Button Tweezers
Value: $13 FULL SIZE
These are actually the nicest tweezers I now own. I've already used them, and they will be staying with me for sure. I find I tend to misplace things like this, so an extra pair is always welcome!
 
Balenciaga Florabotanica Perfume (5mL)
Value: $18.70 according to my product dashboard online. I don't believe this is $180 for a 50mL bottle, so I'm calling bullshit on that pricing. I could believe $90 for 50mL though, so I'm placing the pricing of this at $9.35
I did find this at TJ Maxx in North Dakota when I was there last week for super cheap, but I didn't buy it because this sample will last me awhile. I have a serious addiction to perfume, so I hope to continue receiving samples in my future Luxe Boxes! There is an option when you sign up to opt out of fragrances (due to allergies), but I work at a fabrication shop and have no restrictions on wearing scents to work. It appears that anyone who didn't receive this, received an eyeliner instead.
 
So there you have it! My first Luxe Box was overall a success, I'm fairly certain I will end up keeping everything. The estimated value of the box was around $65 (I don't count the Crest samples, and I cut the value of the perfume in half). I only paid $26 +tax ($27.30) so it is well above what I paid for it. The next box will be arriving in September, if you're interested in signing up you can do so here. I'll try to be faster with my fall reveal/review, as of right now I don't plan on being anywhere but home for the entire fall.
 
xoxo,
Fallon
 
*Please note this post contains referral links*
 


No comments:

Post a Comment