Tuesday 2 September 2014

Topbox August 2014

My August Topbox actually showed up about two weeks ago, but I'm super far behind on my reviews due to having a busy few weeks. It always shows up within a day or two of my Meowbox, and I do receive tracking information on both (although my Topbox tracking never seems to work until the day it's delivered)...


As always, Topbox ships in a giant purple mailer envelope with their logo on one side, and my address on the other.



I was so excited when I pulled the tube out of the purple envelope to see that I had received the Benefit Prive box I had requested. I love Benefit products, and They're Real mascara is one of my favourites! Since I had clicked on a Prive box, I knew what to expect, but it still came with an information card. I used the Canadian pricing as shown on the card, so it will differ from the pricing shown on the website (which is US). 


First look once I unrolled the tissue paper - I was only expecting four products and ended up receiving five! Score!


They're Real Push Up Liner - $29 for 1.4g (0.10g sample = $2.07)
I tried this out on my hand, and it went on so smooth. I took a shower shortly after opening the box, and it didn't come off my hand until I really scrubbed it. Both of these things made me really excited to try it out on my face where it belonged...but then I was disappointed :( It might just be the tiny little sample that you have to squeeze (the full size is a twist) or it could be my inability at drawing a straight line, but I could not get this to look right on my eyes. I might look into buying the full size of this once I finish off my Mac eyeliner I'm currently using though, since I am still intrigued by it.

Stay Don't Stray - $30 for 10mL (2.5mL sample = $7.50)
I have started wearing primer under my foundation (which is usually only 1-2 times per week), but I still rarely wear eyeshadow. Also, this is way too dark for me, there is no way I could ever wear anything medium/deep. This will be passed along to a cousin with a darker complexion than me.


They're Real Remover - $22 for 50mL (7.5mL = $3.30)
This is actually a new product from Benefit (along with the gel push-up liner), and it is described as being a gel-formula waterproof eye makeup remover. I look forward to trying this out, makeup remover is always welcome!

They're Real Mascara - $29 for 8.5g (3g sample = $10.24)
I've received a few of these in the past, and I love it! I haven't actually purchased a full size mascara since I started getting subscription boxes (so over 2 years now) which is fantastic because I don't wear it everyday. This will definitely be used at some point.

Ombrelle SPF 60 - Prices vary (~$5)
A bonus product! L and I finished off a thing of Coppertone sunscreen this month, and our bottle of Hawaiian Tropic is getting low, so this is great! It's the end of the summer now, so this will probably be put away until next year (it doesn't expire until 2016) and will be put to great use in 2015!


I rarely ever select the wish list Topboxes, but I couldn't pass up a Benefit one! They actually offered the same box in July, but I was on vacation and didn't check my email in time to get in on it. I was so excited when I saw that they were offering it again in August! I paid $12.60 for this box ($12/month + tax - this includes the cost of shipping) and it had a value of a little over $28. I'm impressed, the only thing that was disappointing to me was the primer, and that's only because it was the wrong shade for me. I chose to receive the regular Topbox for September, so I'm looking forward to seeing what I get (especially since July was a huge downer for me).

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment