Saturday 13 September 2014

Lip Monthly August 2014


There seemed to be a lot of issues surrounding Lip Monthly, but I decided to give it a try anyways, and signed up for a four month subscription. 

My August bag arrived at the end of the month, I want to say it was around the 26th or 27th?  It took awhile from the time it was shipped, I think it was almost two weeks.

Cost: $10/month + $6/month shipping to Canada


The August Lip Monthly arrived in a blue makeup bag. I don't love the design, but it will find a use for something.


The products - for some reason I didn't take individual pictures of everything before I started using some of them.
City Color Cosmetics - Magic Balm - $3.99 (according to the information card included in the bag)



The entire contents of my August Lip Monthly. I was unable to find the Magic Balm anywhere online, so I don't know if it's a discontinued product (which was an issue with this company a few months ago) or if it's a completely new product that hasn't been released yet. I'm not overly pleased that three of the five products are from the same brand. The Be Matte Lipstick is a nice colour, but it doesn't go on as smoothly as other lipsticks I own. I will probably pass on the magic balm and the Jesse's Girl lip gloss to family members, and possibly the eye shadow pencil as well (I love the colour, I just wear eye shadow so infrequently it's almost a waste to just have it sitting in a bag somewhere). The overall value of this bag was $34.23, which is well above the $16 I paid, and overall I think I could say I am happy with it. I'll wait and see what the three remaining months of my subscription bring, but I do think this company could step it up a bit - maybe try and send products from different companies? 

Did you receive the August Lip Monthly? What were your thoughts?

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment