Monday 2 June 2014

Calgary Marathon

I haven't had a chance to blog in a few days, we had traveled to Calgary for the 50th Anniversary of their Marathon. If you ever want to feel really bad about yourself, stand at the start line of a race and watch the people participating. I've never thought I could ever run, but as I stood there cheering on Luke, I was watching everyone pass me by. There were people in wheelchairs, there were old men with walkers, old ladies with canes and children as young as 7 or 8. It really made me think that perhaps there is a chance one day I could cross a finish line (of course, I'd actually have to buy sneakers first...).

I was so proud of Luke. He was quite sick (easily the sickest he's been in the entire time we've been together), but he fought through it. Despite being sick to his stomach twice before we even left for the race, he insisted he still wanted to do it and went out there with the 4000+ others to run the 10km. He didn't have his best race, but he did do it on an empty stomach, slightly dehydrated. All that really matters is that he crossed that finish line (with a great burst of speed at the end I might add!).
Luke getting close to the finish line :) Credit for this picture goes to our friend Lisa.

I finally got my pictures to upload correctly :)




xoxo, 
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment