Friday 13 June 2014

David's Tea Iced Tea Pitcher


I've always had an intense hate for tea and coffee, until I discovered David's Tea a few years back. I still struggle to drink it hot, but I love their fruity teas over ice! I had purchased the 18oz steeper shortly after realizing how much I liked it, but it would only make 1-2 glasses at a time. I got pretty excited when I realized I could buy a pitcher from them. 

Gathered up everything I would need - pitcher, tea, Agave and spoon.

Don't mind all the appliances in the background, like I've mentioned before we have very little storage space in our kitchen, and so our Keurig/Swirlio/Breakfast Sandwich Maker/Popcorn Maker/HotDog Toaster all live on the table....

Luke can't drink large amounts of green tea, so we usually stick to the Rooibos or Herbals, but he had a craving for Lime Gelato green tea.

We've been going through a lot of tea now, we make a new pitcher about every second day. It's cut down on my Pepsi drinking, so I can't complain about that!

The David's Tea Spoon is unnecessary to own and you can use any spoon you'd like, but I like having a spoon that is only used for my tea.

It's not really mandatory on how much tea to use, it all depends on your personal preference if you like it strong or weak. For us, we've been filling the infuser to the center mark, and it's been turning out amazing!


The infuser screws into the lid of the pitcher, as you can see below.



You'll need to boil water and fill the pitcher half-full. We didn't own a kettle until recently, so we would just use a pot on the stove. It's important to not screw the lid on tightly, it needs to release some of the steam. It needs time to steep - we usually find about 5-7 minutes is plenty.


I love the Agave you can buy at David's Tea. It's a sweetener that easily dissolves in liquid. I don't know much about it, although Luke informs me they make tequila out of agave  - don't worry, this tastes NOTHING like tequila. I decided to use the regular stuff with this pitcher of tea, although I also own the Raspberry Flavoured Agave. I don't measure it, and I always figure it's better to put too little in, you can always add more to your own glass.


We use two full trays of ice cubes every time we make a new pitcher. Just fill it up, detach the infuser from the lid, reattach the lid and shake it up to cool it off!


I love these glasses, I bought them at the Interstellar Rodeo music festival last year. They're actually made of plastic, so they won't break and the logo hasn't washed off yet!
If you like tea at all, I would highly suggest trying this! They have amazing flavours out right now for summer - the Mango Fruit Punch and the Watermelon Mint are fantastic iced. We bought our pitcher during a promotion last month, and now get 15% off loose-leaf tea until the end of August! Let me know what your favourite flavours of tea are in the comments below!
xoxo,
Fallon

*Everything pictured in this post was purchased with my own money, and David's Tea did not ask me to write this review. It is entirely my own thoughts and opinions.*

2 comments: