Wednesday 28 May 2014

Edmonton Folk Fest Lineup Announced

The Edmonton Folk Festival announced their lineup today for the 2014 festival, being held August 7-10 at Gallagher Park. There are more then enough performers on the list to make me really excited, but one of my favourite things about this festival is the discovery of new artists and bands. The venue is beautiful- who could ever complain about a natural amphitheatre; sitting on the side of a hill overlooking the downtown skyline while listening to music.


*All pictures were taken by me, and belong to me. Please do not use or distribute without my written permission*


 ^Sunset from the main stage hill
^Downtown view from a side stage
^The super talented Ben Harper will be there this year! This picture was taken in 2010, the last time he performed at the EFMF
^One of my favourite new discoveries at the festival in 2010 was Basia Bulat, who is returning again this year!
On a side note - blonde was totally not my colour...

Tickets go on sale June 7th, and they always go fast! Last year, half of the tickets were available for purchase in person, and the other half went on sale online. The tickets available for purchase online sold out in about 12 minutes, so if you plan on going this year, be sure to be signed in to your Ticketmaster account at the exact second they go on sale!

^Last year was Luke's first time at the Folk Fest, but he seems as excited as I am to return this year, after all the great bands he discovered in 2013 there.

Here's hoping we're able to get tickets again this year! I'd love for Blue Rodeo (this year's Sunday night headliners) to move into the elite category of bands I've seen 4 times...

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment