Monday 16 June 2014

Weekend In Review

It was a fairly busy weekend for us, lots of errands and running around.

Friday night my mom joined Luke and I at What the Truck, an event held a few times each year at different locations around Edmonton. I love food trucks, and this city has an amazing amount of them (and all of them are delicious!). You can view the menu for the event we attended HERE. I ended up going to Casa Doce for a chicken taco (the cilantro on them was so fresh!) and picked up churros for all of us (actually they were called churrettes, and were little bite-sized versions, so good). Luke and my mom both went to Drift, mom just wanted fries (and her churrettes) and Luke had a pork belly slider with potato crisps, and bought fries to share with me. We found a bench to sit on, and left with our bellies full :) That evening was spent in front of the TV, watching the hockey game (Yay LA Kings!) Once the Stanley Cup came out onto the ice, I decided I could finally eat the chocolate version Luke had bought me for Easter (when he gave it to me, I told him I wouldn't eat it until the actual Cup was won, and I stuck to it!)

 
The box was a little beat up, but the chocolate still tasted good!


Saturday morning, Luke and I got up and went shopping. He decided he wanted new shorts, and he knew Old Navy had a sale on. I definitely did not need any new clothes, but I still walked out of there with 2 new dresses, a maxi-skirt and a tank top (and only cost me $75!). Luke had two full bags of new clothes - shorts, activewear, etc and it only cost him $88. Such great deals there! From there it was on to Ikea, where we decided to have a cheap (and not terrible) lunch. I have a cousin graduating high school this week, so I went a little crazy buying her tons of things for her new dorm room (she lives ~8hours from the closest Ikea, so I know she won't have any of the same things). I also found an adorable set of mint green dishes for Luke and I for only $12.99! I stopped at the Lindt Outlet and loaded up on chocolate for my dad for Father's Day and then the pet store for degu food (I've only found one store in the city that sells it). While I was there, I got to hold a chinchilla, which only makes me want one more, and one of the workers showed me the degus they had just received as a surrender. Luke immediately spoke up and said I'm not allowed getting any more...Our last stop was Walmart, where I got way too excited about buying a hand-held vacuum. That evening, a friend was BC was in town so her and I went and sat on a nearby rooftop patio and caught up for a few hours.

Sunday morning after sleeping in, Luke made me nachos for breakfast (he knows I'm not a fan of breakfast food, so I loved it). The next few hours were spent shopping at the West Edmonton Mall with my mom, where I picked up more David's Tea, some adorable new accessories at Forever 21 and my dad's favourite moisturizer from Lush. I might have also bought another new dress from Old Navy... After I got home, I decided it was time to clean the degu cage. I underestimated how large that thing actually is, and it ended up taking me close to 3 hours. During this, Luke was out for a 10km run. Sunday night neither of us wanted to cook, so we went to a local Indian restaurant and got buffet take-out - the greatest thing ever! Normally I don't feel like I get my money's worth on a buffet, and I always eat so much I feel sick. This restaurant will give you a styofoam container to fill with items from the buffet, and charges the exact same price. Every time we go there, I end up with three meals' worth of food for $20.

I'm not entirely sure why I felt the need to share all of that, I'm pretty sure no one actually reads my blog yet...

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment