Monday 26 May 2014

CHAMPIONS!

I am a HUGE hockey fan, but most of the teams I cheer for are terrible (and I mean TERRIBLE! 1967 since you won a cup? Ugh. First overall draft pick 3 years in a row, and you still can't make the playoffs? Ugh.). Anyways, it turns out I do cheer for one winning team! A huge congratulations to the Edmonton Oil Kings of the WHL, on their recent victory at the Memorial Cup. They were an exciting team to watch all season, with some future superstars. One of the best gambles I've taken this year was buying a pair of playoff passes to watch them at every single home game of the playoffs. I paid a flat price of $99 per pass (so if they were knocked out in the first round, it would have cost me $50/game/seat). Luckily, they ended up winning the Eastern Conference, and then going on to win the WHL Championship in a thrilling 7 game series, so I ended up getting 11 games out of my passes (I can't complain about $9 hockey games!).

I'm wearing an Oil Kings tshirt (which I caught in a tshirt toss at a game, so it's about 3 sizes too big) today with pride, what an outstanding group of young men who never gave up and brought another Championship to the City of Champions! I look forward to cheering them on next season!

No comments:

Post a Comment