Saturday 29 November 2014

Julep Jewel Heist Mystery Box

I can't seem to help myself when it comes to Julep mystery boxes... This one was the Jewel Heist Mystery Box, and I know there was some reason for that name...It's been so long since I ordered this I can't remember why...

According to the packing slip included in the box, this was invoiced on September 10th, so it's been here for awhile (I've just sucked at blogging lately).

Cost: $24.99 (one time purchase)


Not all of this was part of the mystery box, I had ordered a few add-ons - a $4 mystery polish, along with two sale polishes and the two polishes that are bound together as a set.

Value: $20 ($16 for Mavens)
This pack contains three hydrating masks - one for your feet, one for your hands and one for your nails. You put them on and leave them for half an hour to help smooth, soften and nourish. These remind me a lot of the nail therapy masks I received in my Thumbs Up Memebox, which I did like. These will be used.

Value: $22 (currently on sale for $4.99 for Black Friday)
For the longest time, I thought I had received a faulty one of these. There's a little button on the bottom that you press and then the primer comes out the tip. I probably pushed the button at least 100 times before anything happened, but there hasn't been any issues with it since. I don't find this plumps my lips, but I do find it makes a difference when I wear lipstick. It only makes sense, I won't wear foundation without a primer now, why wear lipstick without a primer? From the few times I've used this so far I find that my lipstick stays longer without cracking/flaking so this does it's job. It's the first lip primer I've ever tried, so I can't compare it any other products.


Value: $18 ($14.40 for Mavens)
I haven't tried this yet, but I used to love products like this (back when I actually took care of my hands/nails and went for manis/pedis every 6-8 weeks).


Nail polish colours included in Mystery Box:
Nadia, Lynn, Alfie and Kendra 
Value: $14/each ($11.20 for Mavens)

I love mystery boxes, but I think I'm done with buying them for awhile. I couldn't even find Lynn and Alfie on their website, so clearly they had discontinued the colour and just wanted to clear out the leftovers from their warehouse. It makes me wonder how old the rest of these products are... The value of the box was great at $116 though!

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment