Wednesday 13 August 2014

Ipsy August 2014 Reveal

I totally was not expecting it, but my August Ipsy was waiting for me when I got home from work last night! I already knew everything that I was going to receive in it, but I was still excited to open it up! I didn't receive an email with a tracking code, so I have no idea when this shipped.

Since this is my first month receiving an Ipsy Glam Bag, I can't say for sure if they always ship in a giant pink mailer envelope, but I love it! I hope this is how it ships every month, so I'll always know right away when my Ipsy has arrived!

I thought the little orange and white bag looked adorable online, but it's plastic and really tiny (the Urban Decay mascara wouldn't fit inside so it was just loose in the envelope). The bag feels like a pencil case an elementary school child would own (except this one isn't even long enough to put a pencil in). I guess in that regard, it does tie in to this month's theme of "Beauty Schooled". All that being said, I will find a use for it!

My products for August! Ipsy does not include a product card, you must log in to your account to view the products you have received. 

Coastal Scents Forever Blush Sample Duo (Fresh and Elegant) - $7.95 for a full size (8g), $2.39 (2.4g sample)
Meh. I really love my Mac blush, so this will be ending up in the gift pile. 

 Absolute New York "You're the Balm" Lip Balm in Grape - $5.99/duo (with Green Apple), $3 value in this bag.
This smells amazing, and it's grape so I won't even need to share with L since he hates anything grape scented!

Lord & Berry Black Silk Mini Kajal Kohl-Liner - I can't find pricing for this online, but this is 0.02oz (so fairly tiny). 
I rarely use eyeliner, but this one glides so nicely (I tried it out on my hand), plus it's travel sized so I probably will keep it and it'll get used at some point.

Dr. Brandt Pores No More Pore Refiner Primer $45 for 30mL, 7.5mL sample (value $11.25)
I use a primer whenever I wear foundation (so maybe a few times each month haha) so this will absolutely be put to good use! I look forward to trying out a more expensive primer than my current Quo one (which I actually really like).

Urban Decay Perversion Mascara - $22/12mL, $5.50/3mL sample
Yay! I do wear mascara a few times each week, and I just threw out a few old ones, so this arrived at a great time! I've loved every Urban Decay product I've tried, so I'm looking forward to trying this one as well!

Ipsy is on the cheaper side of subscription boxes at only $10/month plus $4.95 shipping to Canada (which worked out to ~$16something this month with the exchange rate). The total value of the products I received was $22.14 + however much the eye liner pencil is worth. These numbers are in US dollars, so it's worth more than double the cost of the bag (before shipping) which is always great in a subscription box! I won't be using the blush sample and I was disappointed with the bag, but the other 4 products will definitely be used by me. I'm still so excited about finally getting off the waitlist for this, and plan on keeping my subscription for awhile!
 
xoxo,
Fallon
 
*This post contains referral links*

No comments:

Post a Comment