Saturday 4 October 2014

Lip Monthly September 2014

Lip Monthly had a lot of issues during their first few months of business, but I wanted to give them an honest shot myself, and signed up for a 4 month subscription. The September bag was my second month of it. They do seem to have stepped it up and are getting better, but I still wouldn't call this one of my favourite subscriptions (but not my least favourite either)...

Cost: $10/month + $6/month shipping to Canada

So it looks like I'll be receiving one of these branded blue makeup bags for each month of my subscription. I mentioned it last month - I don't love the design. Anyone want one of these? 

Value: $4
I would never wear this colour on my lips, and I rarely wear eyeliner (and when I do it's usually just plain old boring black) so I didn't even open this up. To the re-gift pile it goes!

Value: $3.99
I can't find the name of this colour anywhere on the bottle. It's a very pretty colour, but it's a very cheap polish. So many options out there now are 3/4/5 free (and I own many of them) so why would I ever choose this one? 

Value: $8
I do enjoy lip crayons, I've received a few in past subscription boxes.

This is a nice colour, and goes on very smoothly.

I had never heard tell of this brand before receiving my September Lip Monthly, but I do like this and will be giving it a try on my lips.

Value: $55 for 50mL ($16.50 for 15mL)
Moisturizer is always welcome with me! I just need to use up a few of the ones I currently have on the go before starting any of my new ones...

Value: $1.99
I really need more lip balm, I only have like 50 haha. I also don't need to worry about L stealing it, he hates kiwi so this will be all mine :)

My five products received in my September Lip Monthly.

First of all, this is called "LIP Monthly", so why were only two of the products for your lips? Sure, the eye pencil can double as a lip liner, but I don't know anyone who could pull off that colour... I will be keeping three of the products though, so it's a 60% pass.

I ended up paying ~$17.50 for this after exchange, but it was worth a total of $34.48. Even if you just add up the value of the three products I'm keeping, it is still well above the price I paid. 

I have two more months left of this subscription, so fingers crossed it will just keep getting better...

xoxo,
Fallon

*Please note this post contains referral links*

No comments:

Post a Comment