Friday 10 April 2015

Lip Monthly November 2014

I, along with a lot of other people have had issues with Lip Monthly's subscription, although I do find their products have been getting better. I prepaid for 4 months (August-November) and then it renewed for another 4 months before I was able to cancel, so March will be my last Lip Monthly.

I'm so happy they finally started switching up their bags, I hated the design of the blue one I received during the first few months of my subscription.

This is so pretty! It's a light, creamy light-catching shimmery mousse. You can build layers of this to get the exact colour you want, I've used it a few times on the inner corners of my eye and it's gorgeous! I've actually liked everything I've tried from City Color, I just wish they didn't charge $25 shipping to Canada from their website :( 
Love this colour! I haven't used it yet, other than to swatch it on my hand, but it's such a pretty bright pink. 
I don't use lip liner very often, but I think this colour will actually work with the two lipsticks included in the bag this month!
For being a cheap drug-store brand, this is actually really nice! 
I don't think you can ever have enough brushes, and I love getting them in subscription boxes! I'm not sure if I'll ever use this for my lips, but it won't be wasted!

The total value of this bag was $36.98, which is decent considering I paid about $17-$18 after the exchange rate. This was actually one of the better months for Lip Monthly, I received this bag over 4 months ago and have actually kept everything. But, I'm still not renewing, 8 months with this company is more than enough - their customer service is terrible. From reading other reviews, I guess a lot of these items were included in previous ipsy bags which were sent before I signed up with them so that's a negative for some people, but everything was new to me so I was happy!

xoxo,
Fallon

No comments:

Post a Comment